Please diarise the following dates:
- PGSGU SQUASH – Date Change – Saturday 18 August @ WPCC
- PGSGU CROSS COUNTRY – Friday 31 August @ RGHS (this is a new date)
- PGSGU U14, U16 & U19 NETBALL – Saturday 1 September @ RGHS
- PGSGU U14 & U16 HOCKEY – Friday 7 September @ Wynberg Girls’ High School
- PGSGU U16 & U19 HOCKEY – Saturday 8 September @ Wynberg Girls’ High School
- Saturday 18 August – RHENISH DERBY DAY – All HOCKEY & NETBALL Teams will be playing matches against RHENISH @ RHENISH (Rhenish is hoping to host us on Friday 17 August under their new astro lights, no schedule received yet. Please watch your emails closely).
- Saturday 20 October – Open Air Movie Night (venue RGHS) – Water Polo tour Fundraiser – please diarise & support!
Monday 13 August – WATER POLO PARENTS: You are warmly invited to an information evening with regards to the 2019 tour to Serbia, at RGHS on Monday 13 August starting at 17h30. The venue for this meeting will be confirmed nearer the time.
Grant Mackenzie who has toured on many occasions with players from the Southern Suburbs will be doing a presentation and sharing the following information:
- Serbia – training, games, sight-seeing (cultural experience)
- Montenegro – training, games, sight-seeing (cultural experience)
- Reason for choosing these countries
- Approximate costs?
- Accommodation, flights, visas
- Spending money
- Q & A
We are a while away from finalising actual flight dates/ costs/ destinations/ etc, however, this tour is going ahead. Our first fundraising date is Saturday 20 October and will take the form of an ‘open-air movie night’.
Should you wish to attend this meeting, please email firstname.lastname@example.org as confirmation of your attendance, stating your daughter’s name and grade. Please also state number of persons attending this meeting. Your daughter is most welcome to attend this meeting with you.
On Wednesday 1 August our RGHS runners took part in the Zonal championship race held at Milnerton. There were some wonderful performances with many of our girls really learning how to race, pace themselves and push all the way to the finish line.
Congratulations to the following girls who have been selected to represent the Southern Zone at the Cape Metro Schools’ Cross Country Championships:
- Rachel Behne
- Rose Williamson
- Megan Renecle
- Kayla Ross
- Manina Viljoen
- Rachel Noyce
- Chloe Sampson
- Talitha Delpierre
- Isabella Lethbridge
- Lara Rule
- Megan Phillipson
- Laya Gersowsky
- Bianca Ravell
- Rebecca Behne
We wish these girls all the best as they race at Fairmont High School on Saturday 11 August.
LEAGUE MATCH RESULTS vs Fairmont
|03-Aug||Friday||U16C vs U16B||Won||2-1|
|04-Aug||Saturday||U16B vs U15A||Won||2-0|
MATCH REPORT – RGHS U19A vs Fairmont HS @ Fairmont – Saturday 4 August
The 1st Team had a great game against Fairmont at Fairmont, beating them 2-0. Both goals were scored quite early in the game by Sharna Naidoo (Gr 12) off a penalty corner and Hannah Schaefer (Gr 11) from a field goal. Defensively, we were good at closing down options and never allowed them to settle into any proper structural game plan. The strikers did a great job at closing down the Fairmont defenders and Hannah Schafer must be singled out as player of the match for her great efforts up front.
RESULTS – Thursday 2 August: Rustenburg vs Fish Hoek
- U19A won 32-22
- U19B won 17-14
- U16A lost 18-21
- U16B won 18-10
- U16C lost 9-10
- U16D won 9-5
- U14A won 21-8
- U14B won 17-13
- U14C won 12-3
- U14D won 28-2
- U19A lost 28-31
- U19B won 15-11
- U16A won 13-6
- U16B won 15-5
- U16C won 26-2
- U14A won 11-6
- U14B won 18-4
Saturday 4 August: Rustenburg vs Fairmont
FIXTURES: Thursday 16 August vs Herschel @ Herschel
|Time||Herschel Indoor Court||Herschel Outdoor Court||Herschel Prep||Herschel Prep|
Results from the Squash matches played on 1 and 3 August
U19C Boys league:
- RGHS A Team 3 vs Cannons Creek 12
- RGHS A Team 2 vs Camps Bay 14