- Please note the slight changes to the Winter Hockey Programme on a Wednesday as well as to the U19A and B Netball practice times – indicated in RED on the programme here.
- Good luck to all our Tennis players who will be representing RGHS at the Annual PGSGU Tournament to be held on Saturday 11 March from 08:00 @ RGHS.
- Good luck to our 1st Indoor Hockey team who will be participating in the PGSGU tournament @ Herschel from 16:00 on Thursday 16 March.
- Netball and Hockey trials start on Monday 13 March. Please note that the 1st U14 Netball trial on Fri 17 March has been extended and will now take place from 14:15-16:30.
- Water polo is the only summer sport that will continue until Thursday 23 March.
NEWS & RESULTS:
The RGHS 1st Team placed 3rd out of 7 schools and our young 2nd Team placed 8th out of 8 teams in the schools league.
Jordyn Campbell (Gr 9) participated in the U16 section at the Bloemfontein Open Squash Championships. Jordan was placed 8th, and was the only 1st year U16 in the top 10.
There were 70 girls playing in the U16 section. We congratulate her on this excellent result.
Congratulations to Thaakirah Majiet (Gr 9) on qualifying and being selected to participate at the SSA Level 2 Regional Gala taking place in Port Elizabeth from 22 to 26 March. We congratulate her on her selection!
The following girls will be representing RGHS at the PGSGU tournament to be held at Rustenburg on Saturday 11 March:
- Seniors – Couple 1: Emily Malherbe and Justine Crook-Mansour; Couple 2: Alida van der Merwe and Ashleigh Noyce; Couple 3: Josie Knutsen and Jordan Cox.
- Juniors – Couple 1: Holly May Nowers and Megan Phillipson; Couple 2: Gemma Watermeyer and Nicola Miller.
RGHS played their league fixtures against Westerford on Friday 3 March and attained a mixed bag of results:
- U14B won 11-0
- U14 A lost 1-9
- U16A drew 2-2
- U16B won 10-4
- U19A lost 1-12
- U19B lost 4-6
NON SCHOOL SPORT:
Saskia van der Merwe (Gr 12) participated in the Cape Town Cycle Tour MTB Challenge held over a very challenging 40km route. She was the 4th lady to finish in a time of 2h11m. We congratulate her on another very strong finish.
Juliet Fiet (Gr 9) competed in the U15 Cape Winelands (formerly Boland) Surfing Championships and came first. These championships were held in the Strand on 29 February. Congratulations to the newly crowned U15 Champion.
Tristan Jones (Gr 12) has been selected to represent Life Saving Western Cape at the SA Inter-provincial Championships at Camps Bay on 29th March. Congratulations and good luck.
Hannah Hillman (Gr 8) Hillman competed in the Western Cape Nipper Championships at Clifton this past weekend. She did exceptionally well in her 7 events and showed great sportsmanship, endurance and sheer determination in the scorching hot conditions. Her results were as follows: 2nd surf swim; 2nd run swim run; 3rd Iron Nipper; 4th Board race; 9th Beach flags; 9th Board relay and 11th Taplin relay.
Hannah has also been selected to represent the Western Cape Nipper Team to compete at Inter- Provincials in Port Elizabeth at the beginning of April.
Caylan Bromley (Gr 12) competed in the MiWay Ultra Sprint Durban triathlon and placed 6th female in the U19 age group. Congratulations on this results in such a super tough event!
Hannah Elvidge (Gr 9) participated in the Western Province Laser Run [(400m run, 7m shoot) x 4] and Triathle [(600m run, 10m shoot. 50m swim) x 4] events. Hannah placed 2nd in the Laser Run and 1st in the Triathle. Hannah completed the laser run in a time of 9:22.39 and the Triathle in a time of 16:05.46.
Hannah will compete in the Western Cape Laser Run Champs on the 9th April and will travel to George on the 22nd April for the Western Cape Biathle Champs. Congratulations on your selection and good luck!