- As we come to the end of the Winter Sports season we wish to thank you, the parents, for your support of your daughters. Friday 31 August marks the last day for Hockey, Netball, Squash and Cross Country practices. (Only U14A, U16A and U19A Hockey Teams will continue with practices until Friday 7 September as their Inter-Schools Tournaments will be held at Wynberg Girls’ High School on Friday 7 and Saturday 8 September).
- Soccer, Walking club and Social Netball will continue until Thursday 20 September.
- In order to keep the girls active through September, your daughter is encouraged to join a fitness & running group that will meet on Mondays and Wednesdays for the next 3 weeks from 15:15 – 16:00. We will meet on the field on 3, 5, 10, 12, 17 and 19 September in sports clothes and trainers.
Please diarise the following dates:
- PGSGU CROSS COUNTRY – Friday 31 August @ RGHS
- Hockey matches vs Herschel – Friday 31 August & Saturday 1 September @ RGHS
- PGSGU U14, U16 & U19 NETBALL – Saturday 1 September @ RGHS
- PGSGU U14 & U16 HOCKEY – Friday 7 September @ Wynberg Girls’ High School
- PGSGU U16 & U19 HOCKEY – Saturday 8 September @ Wynberg Girls’ High School
1st Team Water Polo trials – Monday 10 September. Venue: SACS. Time: 17:00-18:30
All players are invited to these trials if they wish to be considered for the U19A RGHS Team for the upcoming season. We encourage, in particular, the U19A & B teams as well as the U16A players to try out on Monday.
Saturday 27 October (date change) – Open Air Movie Night (venue tbc) – Water Polo Tour Fundraiser – please diarise & support!
National All Girls’ Schools Festival (NGSF) 2019
The time has come to select an U19 Netball and Hockey training squad from which we will select teams that will represent RGHS at the annual National All Girls’ Schools Festival (NGSF) taking place in May 2019 in Paarl.
All girls are welcome to attend these trials:
- Netball – Thursday 6 September 15:30 – 17:30.
- Hockey – Monday 10 September 15:30 – 17:00
Last week was a very quiet week and I’m sure all our Hockey teams enjoyed a free weekend after a very busy season.
We head into a very busy weekend and would value your support at any stage on Friday or Saturday here at RGHS. The sports teams have worked extremely hard all season and we wish them all the best.
INTER-SCHOOLS CROSS COUNTRY
The following girls will be representing Rustenburg @ Rustenburg on Friday 31 August. We wish them well as they race with home ground advantage:
The following girls will be representing Rustenburg @ Rustenburg on Saturday 1 September and we wish them and their coaches the very best as they peak for this tournament. Download the fixtures.
- Charite Strauss (Cpt)
- Kathryn Hendricks
- Chloe Williams
- Anna Gray
- Jesse Daniels
- Alex Bonaconsa
- Luyanda Ndaba
- Tyler Barnes
- Oluhle Tunyiswa
- Charlotte De Beger
- Kayla Henry (Cpt)
- Mia Lazarus
- Isabella Little
- Madison Beley
- Emma De Beger
- Result Machiya
- Dominique Taylor
- Katherine Worthington-Smith
- Amber Jossie (Cpt)
- Ayla Figueira (V-C)
- Chloe Kruger
- Meg Wilson
- Kayla Johnson
- Alida van der Merwe
- Teagan Makovini
- Sarah Murashiki
- Danielle van Breda
RGHS played our last league Netball matches against Springfield after the rain on Tuesday afternoon. All teams were victorious which is really a feat to be celebrated. Well done to all players and their Coaches.
Results are as follows:
Rustenburg vs Springfield
- U19A won 29-20
- U19B won 13-6
- U16A won 34-25
- U16B won 28-6
- U16C won 22-10
- U14A won 34-5
- U14B won 25-6
- U14C won 27-5
The final fixtures for all teams will be played this weekend here at Rustenburg.
Friday 17 August
RGHS U19B 0 vs Herschel 14
Friday 24 August
U19C Boys League
RGHS U19A 9 vs Wynberg Boys 6
NON SCHOOL SPORT:
Juliet Fiet (Gr 10) is congratulated on being included in the Cape Winelands surfing team and will be competing in the South African Junior Surfing Championships from 2-7 October. We wish her all the best as she represents her Province at a National Championship.