SECONDHAND CLOTHING SALE – Please clean out your closets during the holidays and donate your good, clean secondhand clothes/ shoes/ tog bags to the Sports department. We need your items delivered in black bags by Tuesday 10 April. Please label black bags clearly with whatever the contents are and deliver to the Sports Office on Tuesday (first day of term 2).
Good luck to the following girls who will be competing during the holidays:
- Megan Renecle (Grade 8) – Level 2 Championships in Oudtshoorn
- Erin Daffarn and Rose Williamson (Grade 8) – Level 3 Championships at UWC from 3-6 April.
- Hannah Faure (Grade 10) – SA Junior Nationals
- Hannah Elvidge (Grade 10) – SA Youth and Senior Nationals from 22 April
- Daniella Solkow (Grade 11) – SA Youth and Senior Nationals from 22 April
- Rebecca Behne – Fish Hoek Surf Lifesaving Club (Grade 12)
- Hannah Hillman – Big Bay Surf Lifesaving Club (Grade 9)
- Danielle van Breda – Clifton Surf Lifesaving Club (Grade 10) will be competing at the SA Surf Lifesaving Championships at Kings Beach, PE. We wish them all the very best for this event.
Good luck to Ms Mallon who will be competing in the 56km Two Oceans event.
Also, good luck to all parents and girls who will be taking part in any of the various distance races that form part of the Two Oceans weekend. Please do inform us of your results.
Please be reminded that our current coach, Hayley Nel, is offering extra tennis lessons here on campus throughout the winter months. If interested, please contact her as follows:
On 072 189 2912, or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested or if you would like more information!
Nika du Preez (Gr 8) is a member of the Hermanus Yacht Club (HYC) where she is part of the Junior Sailing Programme.
On 17-18 March she took part, for the first time, in the MAC 24 Hour, a long standing event on the Western Cape sailing calendar hosted by the Milnerton Aquatic Club. In this, Nika skippered a two man dinghy called a Pico as part of a twelve man team, over a twenty four hour period. A total of thirty four teams participated.
On 24-25 March, she took part, also for the first time, in the annual Inter-Schools Regatta hosted by Imperial Yacht Club on Zandvlei, Lakeside. In this event, she sailed her own one man boat called an Optimist (No 1441), where she represented RGHS. She was one of sixty three learners from twenty schools from around the Western Cape, including SACS, Herschel, Bishops and Wynberg, who participated in this year’s event. RGHS is extremely proud of Nika and her achievements.