- The 4th TERM SPORTS PROGRAMME and the fixtures lists are available here.
- PARENTS Water Polo meeting – Our Head Coach, Devon Card, would like to address the parents of all our Water Polo girls to explain his vision for the future of RGHS Water Polo. This meeting will be held at Rustenburg on Thursday 26 October at 19h00 in Room C3 (Ms Goble’s classroom).
- The RGHS Swimming Pool is operational again. Social swimming, Team swimming and Learn-to-Swim sessions resumed on Tuesday 24 October.
Please remember to share your daughter’s sporting achievements with us in the Sports Office via email. (All weekend results must be submitted by 12 noon on the Tuesday preceding the Thursday on which the weekly newsletter will be published).
SPORTS RESULTS and MORE…
On Monday, 23 October, we played a cricket match against Pinelands High School at RGHS. Much fun was had by all on this sunny afternoon. RGHS won by 9 wickets.
Top left: Getting ready to bat are Isabella Lethbridge and Lisa Makumese with Jade Lawson (centre) providing moral support.
In our first swimming gala of the season, we participated at Rondebosch Boys’ High School in a relay gala.
Our U14s won all four of their Relays and the Team finished in second position overall. The results were as follows:
Thursday 19 October:
- E team vs Westerford won 8-6 (matches were played at Westerford)
- F team vs Norman Henshilwood lost (matches were played at RGHS)
Friday 20 October:
- A team vs Springfield won 10-2 (matches were played at Springfield)
- B team vs Herschel won 12-2 (matches were played at RGHS)
Results of matches played against Wynberg Girls at WGHS on Friday 21 October:
- U19A won 5-3
- U19B lost 4-5
- U16A lost 1-5
- U16B won 8-1
The U19A Squad played wonderful Water Polo to secure a third-place finish in the Stayers Water Polo Tournament, hosted by Somerset College this past weekend.
In the Pool matches on Saturday our results were as follows:
- RGHS 4 vs Pearson Invitational 1
- RGHS 1 vs Reddam Invitational 4
- RGHS 4 vs Bloemhof 3
On Sunday our first match was against Somerset College in the cross-pool playoffs. The result was RGHS 6, Somerset College 3. In the Semi-finals, we lost 2-16 to a very strong Herschel Team.
In our last match of the Tournament, playing for third/fourth place, we beat Pearson Invitational 4-1 to secure a third-place finish. Thank you to Rebecca Goble and Nicola Barrett who coached the Team throughout the two days. Top goal scorers for us were Ruby Wares and Georgia Hill. Congratulations to all the girls and coaches and thank you to the parents who came out to support.
Biathlon is a combination of swimming and running and is done on the same day – one event in the morning and the other later that day. The next WP league event will be held on 28 October at the following venues:
- Running: Stellenberg High School
- Swimming: Fairmont High School (25m indoor pool)
In Biathlon the athletes participate as per their age on the 31st of August, e.g.:
- If 15 on the 31 Aug, then U17
- If 14 on the 31 Aug, then U15
High Schools: The age groups for this competition are U13, U15, U17, U19 and Open.
For more details please visit: http://www.wpbiathlon.co.za/fixtures/
First-time athletes to WP Biathlon: Remember you must register online before Friday 18h00. Entry is R60.
If you have not affiliated already: Remember to affiliate before 31 October 2017 to avoid additional payments, Click to affiliate
Hannah-Grace Elvidge (Gr 9) competed in the World Laser Run Champs on 14 October. She placed seventh in the Under 17 Girls section.
The Cape Inter-Provincial Figure Skating Championships took place at The Ice Station at Grand West Casino and Entertainment Centre on 15, 16 and 17 October 2017.
Michaela Thomas (Gr 11) skated for Team Junior Blades in the Non-National Introductory Synchro section. The team attained first place and Michaela received a gold medal. Michaela is the team captain. Congratulations on this wonderful achievement, Michaela.
On 21 October Hannah-Grace Elvidge (Gr 9) competed in the Realtors International Durbanville Hills Trail Run and placed second in the Women’s Open 5km event. Congratulations on this fine achievement.
Congratulations to Caylan Bromley (Gr 12) who placed 3rd overall and 1st junior in the Slanghoek Sprint Triathlon this past weekend.