- Good luck to all our swimmers who will be representing RGHS at the Annual A-League Gala to be held on Wednesday 1 March at 16:00 @ Rondebosch Boys’ High School.
- Plans with regards to the change of Seasons: Team swimming; social swimming and Learn-to-swim will end on Thursday 9 March. The PGSGU Gala is on Thursday 9 March @ Springfield.
- Tennis practices will end on Thursday 9 March. PGSGU Tennis takes place on Saturday 11 March @ Rustenburg.
- Water Polo practices will end on Thursday 23 March.
NEWS & RESULTS:
Match report vs Springfield, Wednesday 22 February
2nd team: Won 3-1
“A much improved performance from this developing side! They are learning to keep the ball under pressure and not just pass it away and were much better at stepping up to put pressure on the ball carrier” – Coach Andi
Goals scored: Thaakirah Majiet (2) and Kayleigh Rogerson
Player of the Match: Thaakirah Majiet
1st team: Won 8-0
“The 1st team beat Springfield 8-0 in a resounding win! We were better in all departments and made it the game plan to keep going forward even once we had scored a few goals” – Coach Andi
Goals scored: Brittany Gouws (3), Courtney Wheeler (3), Sharna Naidoo (1) and Casey Wheeler (1)
There was no Player of the Match as everyone played really well, but special mention must be made of Courtney Wheeler who scored 3 superb goals from acute angles.
Staff and girls took to the OPEN WATER SWIMMING scene on Sunday 19 February. The Cape Mile event was held in the Eikenhof Dam at the Grabouw Country Club – a beautiful setting for this event. The conditions this year were extremely tough with the water being very choppy and only settling down later in the morning.
Congratulations to the following staff and girls for completing the 1-mile swim:
- Ms Goble; Ms Viljoen; Water Polo coach Andre Williams; Shannon Canter; Jodi Britnell; Jenna Currrie; Jade Lawson; Hannah Hillman and Caylan Bromley.
- Caylan placed 11th in the Elite race and in her second Mile race of the day, she placed 2nd in the 13-30 age-category.
- Hannah Hillman was the 1st finisher in the 5-13 age-category.
- Nicole Rix successfully completed the 500m swim and is all set and eager to attempt the Mile swim in 2018.
Congratulations to each and every one of you. What a wonderful achievement and ‘box’ to tick.
Hannah Hillman with her finisher’s medal.
Erin Hartzenberg (Gr 10) represented South Africa at the CANA ZONE IV CHAMPS in Bulawayo. Erin won the silver medal in the 100m Backstroke, a bronze medal in the 50m Backstroke, the gold medal in the 200m Medley Relay, silver in the 4x50m Freestyle Relay and the silver medal in the 4x100m Freestyle Relay. Erin also swam some personal best times in her other events. Congratulations on your achievements! RGHS is very proud of your National representation.
Results of matches played 13 – 17 February
- B Team won 12-2 vs Springfield
- C Team won 10-2 vs Springfield
- D Team won 8-2 vs RGHS E
- F Team won 10-4 vs Pinelands
On Wednesday 22 February, RGHS played matches against Rhenish. 3 of our teams travelled to Stellenbosch and played their matches in the Paul Roos Old Pool and 3 Rhenish teams travelled to Groote Schuur where RGHS hosted the Water Polo matches. Once again, our girls came out tops with a win by every single team. Congratulations to you all!
Results vs Rhenish:
- U14A won 5-1
- U14B won 9-4
- U16A won 10-0
- U16B won 9-1
- U19A won 6-3
- U19B won 4-3
On Friday 17 February, Rustenburg had 4 girls who participated in the 4th of a 6-series Biathle series that is hosted on the Rustenburg campus.
Megan Phillipson; Rebecca Vosloo (Gr 9) and Jade Lawson (Gr 10) all competed in the U17 section where they are required to complete a 1200m run; 200m swim; 1200m run continuously. They finished in positions 1, 2 and 4 respectively. Megan’s winning time was 15.23.04
Caylan Bromley (Gr 12) competed in the U19 section completing the 1600m run; 200m swim; 1600m run in 2nd place. Caylan’s time was 15.44.48. Congratulations to all 4 of you on your excellent results.
The 5th biathle takes place this Friday from 5pm. Please pop in to the Sports Office for more details if you are interested in taking part.