Please diarise the following dates:
- Friday 17 August: PGSGU SQUASH @ WPCC
- Friday 31 August: PGSGU CROSS COUNTRY @ RGHS (this is a new date)
- PGSGU U14, U16 & U19 NETBALL – Saturday 1 September @ RGHS
- PGSGU U14 & U16 HOCKEY – Friday 7 September @ Wynberg Girls High School
- PGSGU U16 & U19 HOCKEY – Saturday 8 September @ Wynberg Girls High School
- Saturday 4 August – All HOCKEY & NETBALL Teams will be playing matches against FAIRMONT @ FAIRMONT (times not yet finalised)
- Saturday 18 August – RHENISH DERBY DAY – All HOCKEY & NETBALL Teams will be playing matches against RHENISH @ RHENISH (times not yet finalised)
- Saturday 20 October – Open Air Movie Night (venue RGHS) – Water Polo tour Fundraiser – please diarise & support!
- Monday 13 August – WATER POLO PARENTS: You are warmly invited to an information evening with regards to the 2019 tour to Serbia, at RGHS on Monday 13 August starting at 17h30. The venue for this meeting will be confirmed nearer the time.Grant Mackenzie who has toured on many occasions with players from the Southern Suburbs will be doing a presentation and sharing the following information:
- Serbia – training, games, site seeing (cultural experience)
- Montenegro – training, games, site seeing (cultural experience)
- Reason for these countries with regards to the water polo
- Approximate costs?
- Accommodation, flights, visas
- Spending money
- Q & A
We are a while away from finalising actual flight dates/ costs/ destinations/ etc, however, this tour is going ahead. Our first fundraising date is Saturday 20 October and will take the form of an ‘open-air movie night’.
Should you wish to attend this meeting please email firstname.lastname@example.org as confirmation of your attendance stating your daughter’s name and grade. Please also state number of persons attending this meeting. Your daughter is most welcome to attend this meeting with you.
SPORT HOLIDAY NEWS
Isabella Little (Gr 10) was a member of the U16 Western Cape Netball Team that played in the SA Schools Rhino Provincial tournament in Sun City from 2-6 July 2018.
The team played tough matches and did themselves proud by placing sixth out of 22 teams. It was a wonderful tour and a great learning experience for all the players.
Congratulations to Daniella Solkow (Gr 11) on her selection and qualification to participatein the South African Short Course Swimming Championships to be held in Durban from the 9 to 12 August 2018. We wish her lots of luck and great swimming.
On Wednesday, 25 July, 20 RGHS runners took part in the league race held at Westerford.
Once again there were some very good performances by our runners on a very challenging yet scenic route. It was wonderful to see the girls complete their races and show such satisfaction with their own achievements.
LEAGUE MATCH RESULTS vs St Cyprians:
RGHS U19A vs St Cyprians @ Hartleyvale – Monday 30 July
In a very evenly contested match, the 1st Team played well under trying circumstances to draw this match 0-0. Player of the match was Caroline Schreiber (Gr 12) who kept RGHS in the game with her outstanding saves in goal. We had our opportunities to score, but were unable to convert our penalty corners. The team remained positive and pushed to the very end of the game where we nearly scored off the last movement of the match.
All players to report at least 30 minutes before the start of their match to their coach at Fairmont High School, Medway, Durbell Estate, Durbanville.
RESULTS: Rustenburg vs Wynberg
- Monday 23 July
- U19A won 23-14
- U19B lost 10-14
- Thursday 26 July
- U16A lost 21-26
- U16B lost 13-19
- U16C lost 11-19
- U14A won 11-7
- U14B lost 16-17
- U14C lost 3-12
FIXTURES: Thursday 2 August vs Fish Hoek at Rustenburg
|Time||Court 1||Court 2||Court 3||Court 4||Court 5|
Saturday 4 August vs Fairmont at Fairmont (Durbanville)
Bus to Fairmont leaving RGHS at 06h45, the signup sheet is on the Sports office door.
Results from the Squash match played on 27 July
South Girls league – RGHS B Team 0 vs Westerford 14
NON SCHOOL SPORTS:
Jenna Martin (Gr 9) competed in the District Trials for Artistic Gymnastics (Level 6), and in Tumbling (Level 5). She placed first in both events and will now compete in the Western Cape Championships to be held in August. Congratulations and good luck for all future events.