All Winter Sport continues as per the Term 2 timetable as we head into a very busy second-half of the Winter season. Registers for all Social and Team sport stays the same. Please continue to support us by informing the Sports Department or the relevant Teacher-in-Charge well in advance should your daughter need to be excused from a sport session.
The term ahead is busy with PGSGU tournaments. Please diarise the following dates:
- PGSGU SQUASH – Friday 16 August @ WPCC
- PGSGU CROSS COUNTRY – Friday 23 August @ RGHS
- PGSGU U14, U16 & U19 NETBALL – Saturday 24 August @ RGHS
- PGSGU U14 & U16 HOCKEY – Friday 30 August @ Wynberg Girls High School
- PGSGU U16 & U19 HOCKEY – Saturday 31 August @ Wynberg Girls High School
Friday 16 & Saturday 17 August – RHENISH DERBY DAY – All HOCKEY & NETBALL Teams will be playing matches against RHENISH @ Rustenburg (times not yet finalised). A RGHS Soccer Team will also play a match at RGHS on the Saturday.
Laéeqa Aziz (Grade 10) took 5th place in the South African Girls’ Golf Championship C Division in Orkney. Congratulations, Laéeqa.
Results of the Provincial tournaments that took place during the holiday:
- WP U18A – Erin Coetzee – team came 7th
- WP U18B – Nika Hofmeyr – team came 3rd
- U18 South Zonal – Ashleigh Noyce; Rebecca Hill; Tyra Ingold; Gemma Watermeyer – team came 2nd
- WP U16A – Kelly Johnson – team came 5th
- U16 South Zonal – Azrah Dick & Josie Malherbe – team came 1st winning the Gold medals.
- WP U14A – Jodie Blows – team came 2nd
- U14 South Zonal – Amber de Villiers; Lisa Penney – team came 7th’
Margot Beattie (Grade 8) represented Rustenburg Girls’ High School in the final SANESA qualifier for Western Cape team selection during the holidays. She has been selected to represent Western Cape in the Jumping, Equitation and Dressage A teams. Congratulations and good luck for the next round.
Congratulations to Jade Lawson (Grade 12) who has been selected to referee at the annual International Mauritius Sevens Tournament to be held in Mauritius from 25 to 31 September. Rustenburg are very proud of this achievement of yours, Jade.
Erin Daffarn (Grade 9) swam in the Western Cape Short Course Championship over the past weekend and qualified for the following events: 200 Free, 100 Back, 100 Breast, 100 Free and 50 Free. She will compete in the Regional Gala this coming weekend and we wish her all the best.
Daniella Solkow (Grade 12) will be competing for SA at the European Maccabi Games in Budapest in 3 week’s time. Daniella was a member of the squad that took part in the 2017 Maccabiah in Israel when she won the silver medal for the 50m freestyle. We wish her all the best in Budapest.
The tour to Serbia and Montenegro was a great success. The girls learnt many new skills, had tons of fun and made friendships that will last a lifetime. READ MORE ABOUT IT HERE