A very warm welcome to Ms Hlela, the new Sports Administrator and Head of Netball and Water Polo. Ms Hlela comes to us from KZN. We trust that she will settle in quickly to our fast-paced department and enjoy her time at Rustenburg.
May dates to diarise
- 7-8 May – Hockey matches vs Stellenberg @ RGHS (Home)
- 13 May – Netball matches vs Herschel @ RGHS
- 15 May – Hockey matches vs Wynberg @ Wynberg (Away)
- 21-22 May – Derby vs Springfield @ Springfield (Cross Country, Football, Hockey and Netball)
- 28-29 May – Hockey matches vs Paarl Gim @ Paarl Gim (Away)
- A request to parents and learners to please send all your sports news to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hannah Hillman (Grade 12) competed at the South African Inter-Provincial Surf Lifesaving Championships on the weekend of 26 April in Durban. She competed in huge waves on a spring tide. Hannah placed second in Tube rescue as the racing patient, second in the Taplin relay and third in the Board relay. Hannah is congratulated on these outstanding results. Hannah even participated for another competitor that had injured herself in a previous race and did the surf swim too.
Overall, the Western Cape team came second out of six provinces that competed in these SA Inter-Provincials.