- Please support the RGHS Hockey Fashion Show Fundraiser taking place on 20 and 21 June. It promises to be an exceptional event.
- The Sports Programme will resume as normal for the week 19-23 June.
- There will be no Extramural Sport in the last week of term (26-30 June)
- Inter-House Netball and Hockey will take place during the school day on Monday 26 June (13h30-15h30)
- Inter-House Cross Country will take place on Thursday 29 June (12h00-13h05). All girls are expected to run, jog or walk the 3km route. Please ensure that your daughter brings her PE kit or house colours to school on that day.
- Please follow the Sports Department on Instagram and Twitter for all up-to-date results and happenings. Our handle is ‘rghssport’.
- Please remember to share your daughter’s sporting achievements with us in the Sports Office via email. (All weekend results must be submitted by 12 noon on the Tuesday preceding the Thursday on which the weekly newsletter will be published).
Sports Results and more…
In term 3 RGHS will be hosting the Interschool Cross Country event. We are wanting to enter our best runners and are hoping that runners will continue to train throughout the holidays. I have written a running programme to guide runners for the three weeks (1-23 July) in order to maintain their fitness. This programme is available to any RGHS girl who is interested. A copy can be collected from the sports office from Wednesday 28 June.
Results from Saturday 10 June:
Matches played against St Cyprians at Hartleyvale
U19A RGHS vs St CYPRIANS
Goal Scorers: Rebecca Hill (field goal), Brittany Gouws (penalty corner)
“The 1st Team played well against St Cyprians to earn a well-deserved win. Rebecca Hill scored a great field goal after receiving a cross from the right from Jacqueline Sissons, to end the first chukka 1-0 up. We continued to put pressure on the St Cyprians defense and forced a penalty corner, from which Brittany Gouws scored with a great drag flick. In the third and fourth chukka, St Cyprians started to push forward and our defense coped well with the continued pressure. In the final chukka, St Cyprians managed to earn a penalty corner and scored through a deflection. The girls played a very good, constructive game and kept possession for long periods of time which is a great improvement from the last few matches” – Coach Andi
Congratulations to Erin Hartzenberg (Gr 10) who has been selected as a member of the National Youth Swimming Squad for 2017 as announced by Swimming South Africa.
Congratulations to Zoë Naude (Grade 12) who has been selected as a member of a squad of 25 players who will represent Western Province Rugby at the U18 Girls Coastal Tournament on 16 and 17 June in George. Zoë has been selected as a Fly-Half.
Congratulations to Natasha van Greunen (Grade 12) who placed 4th in the recent Tigers Milk Winter Classic Surfing competition that was held at Muizenberg Corner from 9-11 June. This competition forms part of the South African Surfing tour.