The Interhouse Play Festival took place on Thursday 16 March. The theme was “A Day/Night in the…” Each house was given a room in the house to complete the title.
The scriptwriters, producers, directors and cast of all the houses worked extremely hard this term to produce well-rehearsed, polished plays. Although all the houses displayed great talent, the overall winners were Michiel Vos. Their play, “A Day in the Bathroom”, was set in a public restroom and dealt with a myriad of issues.
Along with the awards for best script and best overall production, Michiel Vos actress Jasmine Minter also won Best Actress, shared with Cambridge actress Courtney Petersen. Cambridge also took home the award for Best Producer and Best Supporting Actress (Cassidy Bhoopchand).
The adjudicators, Mr Suren Dilraj and Ms Maileen Jamey, commended all the houses for their creative and slick performances.
- Best overall production : Michiel Vos
- Best response to the brief: Michiel Vos
- Best Actress : Jasmine Wyatt-Minter (Michiel Vos) and Courtney Petersen (Cambridge)
- Best Supporting Actress: Cassidy Bhoopchand (Cambridge)
- Best Director: Chloe Allison and Gabrielle Adams (Michiel Vos)
- Best Producer: Cambridge (Michaela Flanders and Kezia Madell)
- Best Script: Chloe Allison, Gabrielle Adams, Jasmine Wyatt-Minter, Alex Jeaven, Sarah Breitenbach, Tatenda Dandara (Michiel Vos)
- Best Production Design: Bleby