Music Scholarship applications 2021/2022:
Music Scholarship applications for Grade 8s in 2022 will open on Friday 19 February 2021 and close on Friday 5 March 2021. Auditions and Theory Tests for short-listed applicants are due to take place on Friday 12 March 2021. Please note that completion of the Music Scholarship application form is NOT an application for admission to the school. You will still need to complete the online admissions application which opens on Friday 26 February 2021. Music Scholarships are awarded for excellence in Music and not on the basis of financial need.
|GRADES 8 – MUSIC SCHOLARSHIP 2021/2022|
|WHAT MUST I DO?||WHERE MUST I DO THIS?||WHEN MUST I DO THIS?|
|Complete the Rustenburg Girls’ High School Music Scholarship Application Form||On our website:
(Link to application form to follow)
||OPENS: 19 February 2021
CLOSES: 5 March 2021
AUDITIONS: 12 March 2021
- The Music Scholarship application form must be completed in full and submitted to the school’s front office by the closing date, together with certified copies of all the required supporting documents and details of all practical and theory examinations.
- The following documents MUST be submitted together with this scholarship application form:
- A certified copy of the learner’s final (end-of-year) Grade 6 school report
- Certified copies of recent music examination / eisteddfod / competition results
- A confidential report and recommendation from the current music teacher(s)
- This application will only be processed if ALL supporting documents and details of practical and theory examinations have been included.
- Completion of this application form is NOT an application for admission to Rustenburg Girls’ High School.
- Completion of this application form does not grant automatic access to the audition and theory test.
- An invitation to audition and write the theory test does NOT indicate or guarantee acceptance to the school, nor does it commit you to accepting a place at Rustenburg Girls’ High School.
- A minimum of Grade 3 level is required. No lower grades will be accepted, except on a second instrument.
- Successful candidates are required to study at least ONE of their instruments with a teacher at the school, if that instrument is offered at Rustenburg.
- Parents of learners who are short-listed to audition and write the theory test will be contacted in this regard.
- Candidates must audition on an instrument/s that they will continue to study at Rustenburg Girls’ High School.
- A minimum of FIVE Scales and FIVE Arpeggios must be prepared – minimum Grade 3 level (first instrument only). Please provide a photocopy of the scale list from an examination syllabus, not a handwritten one.
- THREE contrasting pieces must be performed. If two instruments are offered: two pieces are to be played on the first instrument and one piece on the second instrument. Melodic instruments and singers must perform with accompaniment. Please bring your own accompanist if you play a melodic instrument or sing.
- It is essential that you provide two copies of the pieces for the adjudicators at the audition.
- Sight reading – Grade 3 (first instrument only).
- Aural – Grade 3. This will include a Sight Singing test.
- The candidate will also be required to be interviewed briefly at the audition.
- Theory: All candidates will be required to write a theory test, one hour before the scheduled audition or as arranged by the Music Department.
Rustenburg Girls’ High School SACS Rhodes Scholarship (Tertiary Studies)
The Rhodes Scholarship is one of the world’s most prestigious academic scholarships and covers all fees for tuition, board and lodging at a College at Oxford University in England.
More information regarding the criteria and applications processes can be found on the Rhodes House website and will open early in June 2018.
For more details contact Jackie Weston on 021 6864066 or firstname.lastname@example.org