Friday 19 March 2021 (Auditions: Friday 26 March 2021)
STEP 1: COMPLETE THE APPLICATION FORM FOR MUSIC SCHOLARSHIP
|for the Music Scholarship (Grade 8 2022) application form.|
- Completion of this application form is NOT an application for admission to Rustenburg Girls’ High School.
- Completion of this application form does not grant automatic access to the audition and theory test.
- An invitation to audition and write the theory test does NOT indicate or guarantee acceptance to the school, nor does it commit you to accepting a place at Rustenburg Girls’ High School.
STEP 2: SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS
- Learners Grade 6 year-end (Term 4) report
- Music examination/eisteddfod/competition results
- Confidential report and recommendations from current music teacher(s)
- A minimum of Grade 3 level is required. No lower grades will be accepted, except on a second instrument.
- Successful candidates are required to study at least ONE of their instruments with a teacher at the school, if that instrument is offered at Rustenburg.
STEP 3: APPLICATIONS PROCESSED BY MUSIC DEPARTMENT
STEP 4: PARENTS NOTIFIED
- The school will notify all applicants of the status of their Music Scholarship Application
STEP 5: AUDITIONS
- Some applicants will be invited to audition. The school will notify applicants on the details of their audition.
- Parents of learners who are short-listed to audition and write the theory test will be contacted in this regard.
- Candidates must audition on an instrument/s that they will continue to study at Rustenburg Girls’ High School.
- A minimum of FIVE Scales and FIVE Arpeggios must be prepared – minimum Grade 3 level (first instrument only). Please provide a photocopy of the scale list from an examination syllabus, not a handwritten one.
- THREE contrasting pieces must be performed. If two instruments are offered: two pieces are to be played on the first instrument and one piece on the second instrument. Melodic instruments and singers must perform with accompaniment. Please bring your own accompanist if you play a melodic instrument or sing.
- It is essential that you provide two copies of the pieces for the adjudicators at the audition.
- Sight reading – Grade 3 (first instrument only).
- Aural – Grade 3. This will include a Sight Singing test.
- The candidate will also be required to be interviewed briefly at the audition.
- Theory: All candidates will be required to write a theory test, one hour before the scheduled audition or as arranged by the Music Department.
STEP 6: OUTCOME OF AUDITIONS
- The school will notify the parents of the outcome of the audition.